Latest insights

Online trends 2022

For 2022 and beyond, we summarise the key trends for eCommerce and the online channel.

The future of quick commerce

Since the start of COVID-19, quick commerce has been one of the fastest growing and innovative segments of the food and consumer goods industry.

UK retailers' online strategies

We’ll get you up to speed on the UK's ecommerce market.

Featured insights

Ecommerce business models

This report will help you understand the different ways in which you can sell your products online, the strengths and weaknesses of each model, and key global developments. 

Online profitability: in-store picking

In the first, of a four-part series, we estimate the P&L for retailers using in-store picking for click and collect and home delivery.

Eight ways companies are picking online orders

Learn how online orders are being fulfilled and what it means for your business.

Latest News

News Feature image

National convenience retailer Co-op has set out its ambition to grow online sales by 50%, reaching £300m by the end of the year. Using a range of solutions for fulfilment, both in-house and third party, the retailer will continue to roll-out its online service nationally making it accessible from 2,000 stores in total. Since launching its on demand online services in 2019 Co-op has seen 36 months of continuous sales growth in the channel.

More News

Woolworths has entered into a Scheme Implementation Agreement to acquire approximately an 80% stake in marketplace Woolworths’ offer values at AU$243m. Woolworths said if completed, the remaining 20% stake in the business would continue to be held by MyDeal’s founder and chief executive, Sean Senvirtne, and other key management shareholders. Acquisition would enhan...
Retailers and suppliers are taking small steps to invest in the metaverse in Asia. Get up to speed with the developments through this article and our report here . Indonesia: Alfamart convenience investing in the metaverse Alfamart is collaborating with an AR/VR company to bring the relevant technology to the business. Alfamart and WIR Group have been working together since 2015...
After Tesco’s chief executive, Ken Murphy, discussed the part it was aiming to play by creating better baskets for its customers and the planet, the retailer has brought the initiative to life in store. Better Baskets logo to help shoppers make better choices Under the initiative, which was discussed in March 2021, Murphy set out how Tesco was aiming to reach its net zero climate target in ...

Please login to this service
to view this data

How to increase conversion of your product online

How do you cut through the noise and make sure your brands and products make it into shoppers’ online shopping baskets?

IGD newsletters

Get the latest industry news and insights straight to your inbox with our range of newsletters

Successful Ecommerce Management

Find out how you can optimise the online shopping experience for your products and category as more of your customers shop online. Multiple dates available for our Successful Ecommerce Management virtual workshop.

Retail Analysis 5–year forecasts

Exclusive to subscribers.

Use our retailer and market forecasts to 2026 for your long-term strategic planning.

Innovation tracker

We are spotting thousands of innovations from the food and CPG industry each year from around the world. To help businesses stay up-to-date we present the ones to watch. See all our innovation case studies in our innovation tracker.